I am an ordinary woman leading an ordinary life. This is my list of 50 things to do before I am 50. That date is 20th January 2017, between now and then I want to complete all the items on this list. And yes, that includes finishing the list!
1. Write this blog!
5. See the Northern Lights
8. Take a rail journey across Europe
9. Own a collectible Steiff bear
10. Draw a Christmas card
11. Keep running
12. Spend a weekend in Paris with my husband
13. Re-visit Belgium
14. Finish my table cloth embroidery
15. See the midnight sun
16. Plant a tree and watch it grow
18. Go whale watching
19. Learn to crochet
20. Take 4 photos of the same shot in each of the seasons
22. Find out more about my great-great-grandparents
23. Finish this list!
24. Visit Iceland in late summer
26. Write a short story
30. Make damson jam
31. Read ‘Go set a Watchman’
32. Spontaneous mystery
34. Record memories
35. Build a snowman
36. Go to the Proms
37. 30 days of random acts of kindness
38. Go to Wimbledon
39. Learn to use a mouse left handed
40. Be a befriender
41. Get promoted
42. Write to a political prisoner
43. Read Tintin in French
46. Paint a canvas
47. See the inside of the Houses of Parliament
48. Take a week’s break from technology
50. Go to a cookery class
Updated on 28th January with some extra items on the list and italicised the ones I have done and written about!
Updated on 16th August, no extra items yet!
Updated on 11th September with a few extras!
Updated on 21st August 2016 – a big break since last post but it’s now up to 50, which means I’ve ticked off number 23 as well.